UDAAN - “Giving Wings to their Dreams”
Project “Udaan” aims to create a platform around issues of economic empowerment and equal participation in all aspects of life for women. “UDAAN” is aimed to empower women in rural and urban areas of India by providing them with certain skill set and developmental training to make them self-sufficient and self-reliant.
Project “UDAAN” is being executed through our NGO; Foundation for Women Empowerment.
- Encouraging women for sports- Johri
- Funding girl child for education- Arpana Trust
- She To Shakti- Delhi police public library & Shikhar
ENCOURAGING WOMEN FOR SPORTS UNDER SKILL DEVELOPMENT
Under this project we focus encourage sports among girls of Baghpath, UP out of their homes and train them with the skill of shooting. Along with Rifle Association Johri shooting camps are being organized in various schools of Baghpat, Baraut and Johri to select girls with basic skill of shooting. Then they are been trained at different shooting ranges which is close to their house or to their school. Girls are constantly monitored by Coaches of Sports Authority of India (SAI) and Rifle Association Johri for their improvement. The Rifle Association Johri prepares these girls for national and International games.
- Promoting sports among village girls.
- Encourage girls from villages of Uttar Pradesh (Johri, Baghpat and Baraut, Hapur etc.) for taking up shooting as sports in the form of skill development.
- To make the girls national and international shooters and encourage them to be a sports personality in order to represent India at National and International levels.
- To create employability for these girls in various forces due to their ability of Shooting.
After a year of hard work put in by the students and the stake holders Eight (8) beneficiaries of the project (8 talented Girls) has been selected in Indian Army for Civil positions under sports (shooting) skill. Four (4) girls has been selected to study in Punjab University under sports quota.
FUNDING GIRL CHILD FOR EDUCATION
Under this project we focus to support the meritorious girls from suburb of Delhi for their education. Along with the implementing agency Arpana Trust we are taking forward this project. These girls are given coaching for their education by Arpana Trust, Molarbund slum settlement center. Girls are constantly monitored by Sonalika and implementing agency and they are been taught various vocational skills in the center. The project is been executed from the month of November 2015 and they are been given these coaching and vocational skills in and by the Arpana Trust
- Supporting girls from poor background for their education.
- Giving them vocational education in co-ordination with their studies
- Supporting them with extra classes after school hours
- Provide them with employable skills
Children were now admitted in bachelors and their performance level has increased by 55 percent.
SHE TO SHAKTI- IMPLEMENTING AGENCY “SHIKHAR FOUNDATION”
Project Shakti for the girl students in govt schools from 6th to 12th Classes. The sole objective is to empower them holistically. It will also facilitate them to improve their quality of living by organizing Health and Personal Hygiene camps free of any charges to the beneficiaries. It will provide a platform for them to build their confidence through personal counselling and self-defence trainings. This Project focuses on the girls studying in govt. schools in class 6th to 12th to empower them in various areas. This approach help attain the objectivity-of-the-purpose.
The following areas are covered through lectures, awareness camps, workshops and trainings by the experts:
- Self Defense Training
- Health & Hygiene
- Child Abuse & Sexual Harassment
- Women Leadership
- Moral & Value Education
- Inter-school Competitions
- Responsible Citizenship
- To develop the confidence of girls from underprivileged backgrounds studying in government schools.
- To provide them with adequate awareness on health, hygiene and other issues.
- To imbibe moral values through various lectures and Olympiads.
- To develop their understanding on career based decisions.
- To develop women leaders in the coming years.